Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Foster Care

We finally finished our Foster Care training classes last Saturday. Our home visits are complete and now I just have to get my finger prints done at the local police station and we should officially be licensed!

I can't wait to get the call for our first placement. It's both exciting and nerve-wrecking to not know when the call will come, or even what age the child will be (we agreed to take under 2 years old). Or if the call will be for 1 child or will they try to talk us into a sibling set of 2. Torrey and I keep having conversations over and over about what we can and cannot say yes to. The unknown is a little scary, but I have no doubt in my mind that foster care is something we should be doing right now. There are SO many little ones in our county that need a safe, loving home, and we can provide one.

No comments: