Monday, May 16, 2011

Prayer Journals



The other night Brianna came up to me and asked if we could talk about something serious (I always get a little nervous when she starts a conversation this way!). But of course I told her she can talk to me about anything.

She looked so worried as she confessed to me that she believes in Jesus and knows he died on the cross, but she just doesn't "feel" him anymore. I assured her it was OK to feel this way sometimes and explained how it took me a long time to really "feel" God's presence too. I told her praying is the best way to start and keep a good relationship with God.

So, the next day we went to the bookstore so she could pick out her very own prayer journal. She was very excited! She has been writing in it everyday. I hope and pray as she looks back on the prayers she writes that she can see how God is really listening and answering her prayers.

1 comment:

Judith Smith said...

That is very heart-warming. I am hopeful that my girls will someday express interest in journaling their prayers so they can look back on their blessings.